30+ Ultimate Adobe Facts In 2020:
Adobe Facts By Adobe:
- Over 90% of the world’s creative professionals use Adobe Photoshop.
- Adobe Creative Cloud mobile apps have been downloaded over 376 million times.
- Adobe Stock now offers more than 200 million assets, including 15 million+ videos; 35 million+ vectors; 12 million+ editorial assets; and 140 million+ photos, illustrations, templates, and 3D assets.
- Behance, Adobe’s online creative community, has over 21 million members. Creatives worldwide use Behance to showcase work and find inspiration.
- More than 250 billion PDFs were opened in Adobe products in the last year.
- More than 8 billion electronic and digital signature transactions were processed through Adobe Document Cloud in the past year. The majority of Fortune 100 companies rely on Adobe Sign for fast, secure e-signatures.
- Adobe Scan is now the leading scanning app on iOS and Android, with more than 40 million downloads and 180 million scans.
- Documents created, signed, shared, and stored in Document Cloud drive a 90% cost savings and a 91% reduction in environmental impact compared to paper-based processes.
- Industry analysts have named Adobe a leader in nearly 30 categories such as digital experience platforms, web content management, customer analytics, ad technology, digital commerce, enterprise marketing software suites, and more.
- Adobe Experience Cloud is supported by an expanding global ecosystem, which now includes nearly 13,000 solution integrators, agency, technology and marketplace partners, and more than 350,000 developers.
- With Adobe Analytics, we measure transactions from 80 of the top 100 US online retailers, analyzing more than a trillion visits to sites and over 100 million SKUs. We arm enterprises with the most comprehensive and accurate insights for retail and e-commerce.
- Unbelievable Google Map Facts That You Must Know
- 120 Microsoft Facts That You Must Know In 2020
- Unbelievable Google Map Facts That You Must Known
- 200+ Mind Blowing YouTube Facts In 2020
13 Adobe Facts and Statistics:
- Number of PDFs that were opened using Adobe products in 2016: over 50 billion.
- Number of Adobe employees: 2019: 22,634 employees 2018: 21,357 employees 2017: 17,973 employees 2016: 15,706 employees 2015: 13,893 employees 2014: 12,499 employees
- The average number of electronic and digital signature transactions that are processed through Adobe Document Cloud annually: over 6 billion.
- Number of devices that Acrobat and Acrobat Reader are used on over a billion
- Percentage of the world’s creative professionals that use Photoshop: 90%
- Number of times Adobe Creative Cloud apps have been downloaded: 237 million times
- Number of assets that Adobe Stock offers: 100 million
- The average number of transactions processed through Adobe Experience Cloud annually: 155 trillion
- The average number of graphics created monthly on Adobe Illustrator: 180 million
- Adobe revenue (annual): 2019: $11.171 billion 2018: $9 billion 2017: $7.30 billion 2016: $5.85 billion 2015: $4.795 billion 2014: $4.147 billion.
- Number of videos available in Adobe Stock: over 5 million
- Percentage of Adobe Analytics transactions that come from mobile: 57%
- Amount Adobe reportedly paid for Magento: $1.6 billion. (Source: Expanded Ramblings)
Some Fun Adobe Facts:
- Adobe Systems is headquartered in San Jose, California, and has recently started looking into the development of rich internet app software.
- Charles Geschke and John Warnock created the company in the year 1982. They named their company Adobe Systems after the Adobe Creek in Los Altos.
- Adobe Systems successfully acquired Macromedia in 2005, which is one of its main contenders. This helped the company extend its product range with newer software and platforms.
- As of 2013, Adobe Systems has around 10, 000 employees working for it over the world but a little less than half of them have their base at the San Jose headquarters.
- The logo for Adobe’s corporate operations and public image was created by John Warnock’s wife Marva. John Warnock was one of the founding members of the company.
- Adobe’s prize product which is the Photoshop rolled out into the market in 1989 on the Mac and it soon was the market leader in its specific segment, becoming one of the most used images editing software, even to this day.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader was made available to the general public in 1993 and so was the PDF format, which has now become a global standard.
- Several reputed publications such as Fortune have rated Adobe as a great establishment to be a part of and work for almost two decades.
- Since 2011 Adobe has stopped work on Flash and started focusing on HTML 5 instead. (Source: 10 Facts About)
Interesting Adobe Facts:
- “Two years after its fruition in 1987, Photoshop was bought by Adobe, who then had the means to expand the program: color editing and retouching were available. At the time, it cost $300 dollars.”
- “Adobe Photoshop is 32 years old. The original application was first formed in 1987 by Tom Knoll, who was a Ph.D. student.”
- “Until Thomas Knoll’s brother John Knoll was introduced to the program, it didn’t even edit images. Tom encouraged his brother to change the software in that direction. Soon enough the program was changed and Photoshop was born.”
- “As a part of Adobe’s digital marketing campaign, the first image that was photoshopped was an image of the creator’s wife on the beach, interestingly enough. From the beginning, it seems that the nature of the program has worked, albeit perhaps not on purpose, against people’s self-esteem.” (Source: CTI Chicago)