Here Are The List Of 30 Best Badoo Facts:
General Badoo Facts:
- A feature called Private Detector that uses AI will shield Badoo users from unsolicited lewd photographs sent through messages.
- In June for their Date Honestly marketing campaign Badoo updated their logo to be a heart combined with a smile.
- Badoo has 425 million users worldwide, is available in 190 countries, and made 4 billion matches this past year.
- Badoo became part of a holding company called Magic Lab which was created as a holding company for dating brands that Andrey Andreevh has invested in.
- In an expose published by Forbes, 13 employees describe a long history of workplace misconduct, including sexism, racism, drug use, wild parties, and a possible tax evasion scheme.
- Badoo has about 600 employees with its main headquarters located in London, England.
- It is estimated that in 2018, Badoo had just over $300 million in revenue.
- In the last 5 years, Badoo has had about 221 million downloads (Jan 2014 to June 2019).
- Bumble CEO Whitney Wolfe Herd spoke out against parent company Badoo in the wake of allegations made by more than a dozen employees that it promoted a toxic work culture, especially for women.
- Badoo partners with Spice Girl Mel B and releases an 8 episode podcast called “The Truth Flirts” which looks at modern romance.
- A majority stake in MagicLab (Badoo’s parent company) was sold to Blackstone.
- Of all the dating apps in the App Store and Google Play, Badoo earned the 10th most revenue in quarter 1 of 2019. (Source: Dating Sites Reviews)
- 25+ Forbes Facts That You Must Know In 2020
- 40+ Amazing Foursquare Facts That Must Know
- 20 Unexpected QQ Facts That You Must Know
- Amazing Yahoo Facts That You Must Know
- Tumblr Facts- 50+ That Your Must Learn In 2020
- 20+ Less Known Wix Facts You Must Know
2018 General Badoo Facts:
- A study revealed that the Badoo dating app ranked highly everywhere but the United States.
- Badoo has acquired the dating app Huggle which launched in 2016.
- According to LinkedIn, Badoo has 560 employees. This has increased by over half since 2016.
- Badoo releases a study of 5,000 users to find out what profile photos work best for men and women.
- Badoo is dropping swipe features and introducing live video between users this summer.
- Since launch, Badoo has had 388 million users join their dating service.
- Badoo is testing a new feature in Europe (with plans to add it to the U.S. soon) that aims to curb Ghosting by prompting users about unanswered messages.
- Badoo in early 2015, got whitelisted for access to a new Facebook API that allows certain apps to see data about users’ Facebook friends. (Source: Dating Sites Reviews)
2016-17 General Badoo Facts:
- Badoo launched a new search feature that uses facial recognition technology to match users with dates who look like their favorite celebrities.
- Lookalike celebrity feature which finds Badoo members who look similar to a celebrity also allows you to upload a picture of your crush so you can find other similar looking people.
- The Lulu dating app was acquired by Badoo.
- The founder of Lulu, Alexandra Chong has been named President of Badoo.
- Photo verification has been added to the new Badoo dating apps found on the iPhone, Android, and Windows Phone. New users are asked to submit a photo of themselves performing a specific gesture which then a moderator will compare with their other photos to confirm that the photos are of the actual user. Over 5,000 moderators help in this process.
- Badoo Android reaches 100 million downloads. It is the first dating app to do so.
- Badoo dating apps now allow members to upload 15-second videos.
- Badoo adds a new selfie safety feature which allows a woman to ask a man to send them a selfie after the man initiates a conversation. This is to help prevent catfishing (from people using other people’s photos).
- Badoo currently has 300 million users in 190 countries from around the world.
- Badoo has 60 million monthly active users who on average spend 1.8 hours on Badoo per day.
- Badoo has 400,000 signups every day which happens mostly in Europe and South America. (Source: Dating Sites Reviews)
2012-14 General Badoo Facts:
- Badoo may have an IPO in the works. They have hired Goldman Sachs Group as an advisor.
- Badoo now has signed up over 200 million people worldwide. 25 million of the members are active on the dating site.
- Badoo has the most traffic of all the dating sites according to ComScore.
- Badoo is most popular in Europe and Latin America.
- Badoo has mobile dating apps for the iPhone, Android, and Blackberry.
- Baddo revenue is $150 million annually and claims to be profitable for the last 2 years.
- Badoo has 140 million members worldwide and is growing at 150 thousand members a day. They have 35 million active members every month.
- 12 percent of Badoo members have found a serious relationship, with 2 percent of those having eventually married. (Source: Dating Sites Reviews)
Random Badoo Facts:
- World’s most popular app for connecting people locally grows by 100,000 new users every day
- 200 millionth user will sign up on Monday, 23rd December
- More users than the population of UK, France and Italy combined
- 563 million profiles are viewed every day, resulting in close to 10 million daily matches and 135 million messages sent by users
- Mobile usage is larger than web after 63% growth since last year
- Badoo.com makes it fun to connect with new people locally to chat, meet-up or make new friends. On Monday 23rd December it will pass the milestone of 200 million users. If Badoo was a country it would have surpassed the combined population of the United Kingdom, France, and Italy some time ago.
- Badoo’s fastest growth has been among young adults aged between 25 and 35 years old. These young adults are looking to make new friends, rather than connecting with relatives and colleagues on other social networks. The number of registered users has increased by 28% in the last year, and Badoo is currently growing by 100,000 new users every day.
- Badoo was started in November 2006, and first took off in Spain in 2007 closely followed by Italy, France, Brazil and so on. The growth of Badoo has been organic via word of mouth, spreading across countries, and continents. Today, Badoo is used in 44 languages across 191 countries. In several countries in Southern Europe and South America, Badoo is the second largest social network, second only to Facebook.
- Mobile grew by 63% in the last year and surpassed web both in user numbers and revenues in November 2013. Badoo is available today on nearly every mobile device, including Android, iOS, Windows Phone, Mobile Web, and HTML5. According to AppAnnie, the mobile analytics provider, Badoo is ranked first or second in the social networking category based on gross revenues in countries including Spain, Italy, France, and Brazil. (Source: Badoo)