Here is the list of 30 Unknown Bill Gates Facts To Know.
10 Surprising Bill Gates Facts:
- He’s the richest man in America (second-richest in the world right now).
- He co-founded one of the most successful tech companies of all time in Microsoft.
- He’s an extremely generous philanthropist through the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
- As a young teenager at Lakeside Prep School, Gates wrote his first computer program on a General Electric computer.
- Once his school realized Gates’ proclivities for coding, they let him write the school’s computer program for scheduling students in classes.
- Like many other successful tech entrepreneurs, Gates was a college dropout.
- Gates was once arrested in New Mexico, in 1977
- He used to fly coach until 1997.
- One of Gates’ biggest splurges, besides his plane, was the Codex Leicester, a collection of writings by Leonardo da Vinci.
- Despite his immense wealth, Gates says his kids will only inherit $10 million each.(Source: Entrepreneur)
- 20 Unexpected Jeff Bezos Facts You Need To Know
- 35 Awesome Random Roger Federer Facts
- Here Are The List Of 40+ Unexpected Kanye West Facts
10 Interesting Bill Gates Facts:
- Gates doesn’t know any foreign languages.
- Gates says if Microsoft hadn’t worked out, he probably would’ve been a researcher for artificial intelligence.
- His favorite band? Weezer. (Source: Entrepreneur)
- Bill Gates is one of the wealthiest people in the world. Gates has a current net worth of $95.4 billion. (Source: Factinate)
- The private school he attended as a child was one of the only schools in the US with a computer. The first program he ever used was a tic-tac-toe game.
- Although it’s been widely reported that Gates hacked his prep school computers, he reportedly wrote the class scheduling program himself and added a feature that would place him in classes with mostly female students.
- He comes by philanthropy naturally–Gates’ mother served on the board of directors for the United Way.
- He scored 1590 (out of 1600) on his SATs.
- Gates, Paul Allen and Paul Gilbert launched a company while Gates and Allen were still students at Lakeside School in Seattle. Their Traf-O-Data 8008 computer was designed to read data from roadside traffic counters and create reports for traffic engineers.
- Gates dropped out of Harvard just two years into his program to chase his dream (alongside Allen) of writing software for the new generation of computers that launched with the Altair 8800. Their company was called “Micro-Soft.”
- Bill almost achieved his goal of being a millionaire by the age of 30. He became a millionaire at 31. (Source: INC)
10 Bill Gates Facts About Life:
- Bill Gates would be seeing green. But in fact, he can’t. In a 2006 interview, the billionaire revealed that he is color-blind.
- Bill Gates got an early start in his career with computers. In 1968, a 13-year-old Gates attended Lakeside School, where the Mothers’ Club purchased a computer—a Teletype Model 33. Lakeside was one of the few schools in the United States to have a computer at that time.
- Gates quickly took to computer programming. He wrote his first computer program as a teenager in at Lakeside School.
- Gates’ schedule is planned down to the minute, but somehow he still finds time to read 50 books each year.
- Gates also written two books. The Road Ahead was published in 1995, and was co-written by Microsoft executive Nathan Myhrvold. His second book, Business at the Speed of Thought, was published in 1999.
- Gates graduated Lakeside School in 1973 as a National Merit Scholar.
- Gates has mastered a number of programming languages, but he only speaks one human language—English.
- Gates has mastered a number of programming languages, but he only speaks one human language—English
- As an important and influential man, Bill Gates leads an extremely well-ordered life. His days are planned on a minute-by-minute schedule, similar to the way US Presidents have their days scheduled.
- Gates inspiration for his incredible philanthropy may have been imparted by his parents. His mother, Mary Maxwell Gates, served on the board of the United Way. (Source: Factinate)