Here is the list of 35 Electrifying About Elon Musk Facts:
15 Unexpected Elon Musk Facts:
- Elon Musk was born in South Africa in 1971.
- He became famous for starting Tesla Motors and SpaceX but he first made his fortune as a co-founder of PayPal.
Musk provided a large amount of inspiration for the Hollywood character Tony Stark (a.k.a. Iron Man). In fact, parts of Iron Man 2 were actually filmed inside and outside of SpaceX. Musk even has a cameo in the film!
- Like Steve Jobs and other famous entrepreneurs, Musk’s official annual salary for Tesla Motors is just $1.
- At age 12, Musk taught himself computer programming and created a video game called Blastar, which he sold for $500.
Elon Musk didn’t become an American citizen until 2002, at age 31.
- When Elon Musk was 17, he moved from South Africa to Canada. Eventually, he attended college in the U.S. at the University of Pennsylvania.
- After graduating, Musk moved to California in order to begin graduate school in physics at Stanford University. He left Stanford after just two days, deciding instead to take advantage of the Internet boom, which was in full swing.
- After dropping out of grad school, Musk quickly established his first company –Zip2, which provided online newspapers with maps and business directories. He sold the company in 1999 for $307 million.
- Musk co-founded Tesla Motors, a company that designs and manufacturers electric sports cars. Tesla was able to succeed in the electric car market where other large manufacturers failed. He now serves as CEO and chief product architect at Tesla.
- The Tesla Model S was awarded a 5.4-out-of-5 safety rating from the National Highway Safety Administration, the highest rating ever given an automobile.
- Musk is one of the major driving forces behind SolarCity, a company founded by his cousins. He is also the largest shareholder of the company.
- Musk initially found it impossible to get funding for SpaceX, which investors saw as a pipe dream. Musk channeled all his own money into the company to make SpaceX a reality (going against every piece of business advice ever written)
- 31 Unknown Bill Gates Facts To Know
- 20 Unexpected Jeff Bezos Facts You Need To Know
- Here Are The List Of 40+ Unexpected Kanye West Facts
- 35 Awesome Random Roger Federer Facts
15 Elon Musk Life Facts:
- Elon Musk was interested in coding right from his childhood that he coded his first game at the age of 12 called Blaster, which later he sold for $500.(Source: Tech Notification)
- In the year of 1995, Elon Musk joined Stanford University in California to earn a Ph.D. in Nuclear Physics. Anyway he dropped out in two days to run his own company Zip2 Corporation(Source: Tech Notification)
Elon Musk became a millionaire by the age of 28 by selling his company Zip2 Corporation to Compaq’s AltaVista division.(Source: Tech Notification)
- Elon Musk is a workaholic and he works almost 100 hours per week as he a very tight schedule looking over Telsa Motors and SpaceX.(Source: Tech Notification)
- He says that his long-term goal is to help humanity through SpaceX by creating columns over Mars because it’s the safest option compared to other planets. (Source: Tech Notification)
The 1994 model Dassault Falcon 900 aircraft used in the 2005 film “Thank You for Smoking” is registered to Musk (N900SX). (Source: Tech Notification)
- On Christmas Eve in 2008, SpaceX and Tesla were literally hours from bankruptcy until Elon Musk was able to secure $20M from investors in those final hours. Two days later, SpaceX won a contract with NASA worth $1.6B. –
- More than 1,000 experts, including Elon Musk, Stephen Hawking, and Steve Wozniak, have signed an open letter urging a global ban on AI weapons systems.
Elon Musk wanted Tesla’s Model line up to spell S-E-X: Model S, Model E, Model X. However, Ford owns the term Model E, so Tesla opted for Model 3 to spell S-3-X. – Source
- Elon Musk was bullied a lot during school. He was once sent to a hospital after bullies threw him down stairs and kicked him until he was unconscious. – Source
- Elon Musk explicitly wrote into SpaceX’s contract with Orbital Outfitters that the company’s new spacesuits must look “badass”. – Source
- After Elon Musk tweeted out the corrupted raw video stream from his Falcon 9 rocket’s vertical landing a group of space enthusiasts made a custom MPEG4 decoder built specifically to clean up the SpaceX footage. Their work verified the rocket landed correctly. – Source
Elon Musk paid the rent for his house during college by hosting 1,000+ sized nightclub parties and charging an admission for entry. – Source
- Elon Musk was an executive producer on “Thank You for Smoking”. – Source
- Elon Musk and GM are in the race to build the first mass-market electric car – Source
10 Famous Elon Musk Facts:
- Musk agreed to serve on two business councils for Donald Trump in 2017.(Source: Hollywood Insider)
- Musk and his girlfriend Grimes changed their baby’s name less than a month after he was born.
In 2018, Musk sent a Tesla sportscar into space.
- Musk announced that Tesla’s valuation was “too high.”(Source: Hollywood Insider)
- Musk drove his first car until one of its wheels fell off.
Musk founded a company after getting sick of dealing with Los Angeles traffic.
- Faster than a Tesla: In 2008, 4 years after overseeing the initial round of investment funding, Musk became CEO and architect of Tesla.
- Hotter than Dragon’s Breath: Musk designed a rocket dubbed “Dragon” to deliver over 1,000 pounds of cargo to the International Space Station. This venture was the first successful trip to the space station by a privately-owned spacecraft.(Source: Hollywood Insider)
He was once named Fortune’s Businessperson of the Year. (Source: Hollywood Insider)
- The smoke should clear: His Department of Defense security clearance was placed under review after he smoked marijuana on a video podcast. (Source: Hollywood Insider)