Here Are The List Of Top 99+ Amazing Flipkart Facts Must Know In 2020:
7 Unbelievable Flipkart Facts:
- Bansal Duo focused on creating a strong backend with easy to use functionalities which became USP of Flipkart in its early days. Initially, they sold Books only in Bangalore but later expanded the business in other Tier I cities.
- Flipkart’s 2015 Big Billion Day Sales Was A Major Success when it sold Merchandise worth $US 200 Million in Three days. They broke their own record in 2016 when total sales clocked 225 Million USD in Three Days.
- Total Number of shoes sold on Big Billion Day Sale 2016 was more than the total Shoes sold by all brands in India in a single day. Now Take This, In 36 Hours Flipkart sold more TV Sets than the total number sold by Top Retailers nationwide.
- Flipkart had a market share of 45% in 2015 easily beating competitors like Amazon and Snapdeal. In 2014 Flipkart Acquired Fashion E-Tailer Myntra for 300 Million USD and Then Bought Myntra’s Competitor Jabong for US$ 70 Million.
- In 2016 Time Magazine named Sachin & Binny Bansal in a prestigious list of 100 Most Influential Person.
- Sachin Bansal and Binny Bansal were at 86th position in Forbes India Rich List of 2015 and moved to 65th position in 2016 with a net worth of $US 1.24 Billion each.
- The Company which Started from personal saving of Sachin & Binny Bansal of around US$ 6000 is now clocking US$1.5 billion Yearly and termed as India’s Alibaba. (Source: En Gadget)
- What Are The 30 Killer Vimeo Facts in 2020
- You Will Never Believe In These Wikipedia Facts
- 30+ Ultimate Adobe Facts In 2020 Update
- Unbelievable Google Map Facts That You Must Know
- RIP Google Plus Facts In 2020 You Must Know
General Flipkart Facts:
- Time Magazine named Sachin & Binny Bansal in the prestigious list of 100 Most Influential Person in 2016.
- It’s now clocking US$1.5 billion Yearly and termed as India’s Alibaba. Walmart and Alphabet (Google ) are in the race to take over this Company.
- During Big Billion Day, Sachin, Binny, Punit & others delivered the products to some of the customers.
- In 2014, Flipkart launched its own set of tablets, mobile phones & Phablet with brand name DIGIflip.
- Flipkart’s search engine is called ‘Sherlock’.
- Sachin Bansal and his business partner Binny Bansal launched Flipkart from an apartment in Bangalore with 4,00,000 rupees cash!
- In 2007 during the early days of Flipkart, Sachin Bansal and his business partner Binny Bansal used to deliver books across Bengaluru on their scooters and in October 2015 they showed up at the doorsteps of some customers, personally delivering goods in order to gain insights from the online buyers.
- Flipkart launched its in-house home appliances and personal healthcare brand Citron.
- Flipkart offered Snapdeal an amount of $700-$800 million, but Snapdeal rejected its deal.
- The first product they sold was the book Leaving Microsoft To Change The World to a customer from Hyderabad.
- Two became close friends at IIT-Delhi, Sachin and Binny were not good friends as children. They were one of the best performers both at IIT and at Amazon. (Source: Brandyuva)
Interesting Flipkart Facts:
- After the failure of its 2014 Big Billion Sale, Flipkart reported that they saw a business turnover of 300 million in gross merchandise volume for the Second Edition!
- Xiaomi Mi3 first batch and an additional 1.70 lakh units were sold out within a total of 40 minutes!
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S budget Android smartphone, 2,40, 000 units priced at Rs 5999 each were sold under a total of 1 minute!
- Co-Founder of Flipkart, Sachin Bansal, got Entrepreneur of the Year Award 2012-2013 from Economic Times and Flipkart.com was awarded Young Turk of the Year at CNBC TV 18’s ‘India Business Leader Awards 2012.
- Sachin and Binny Bansal both completed their schooling at St. Anne’s Convent School, Chandigarh and coincidentally, were students of computer science engineering at the Indian Institute of Technology Delhi.
- Flipkart revenue in 2018: $8.1 billion
- How many people use PhonePe: 100 million registered users
- Number of Flipkart Android app downloads: 50 million downloads
- Number of product categories on Flipkart: 80 categories (Source: Opinion Stage)