Here is the List Of Mozilla Firefox Facts In 2020:
General Mozilla Firefox Facts:
- In the beginning, Firefox started as an experimental branch of Mozilla named m/b. Then it initially launched as Phoenix 0.1 in September 2002. Until 13 April 2003, it had held the name but a trademark dispute forced to change the name and it replaced with Firebird. Due to continuing pressure, it finally changed to Firefox on February 9, 2004. After that, this name is rolled out with a version number.
- Dave Hyatt and Blake Ross, two Netscape employees, had created the most useful web browser named Firefox.
- Mozilla logo symbolizes Mozilla’s dedication to speed and world-wide access so well.
- Firefox not only available for Windows, Mac, and Linux-based desktops, but also on iO
- – Firefox is backed by a global community of volunteer contributors and they translate Firefox into nearly 90 languages for 50% of non-English language version users.
- The well known private and dark web accessible browser, Tor is made from Firefox core.
- Firefox is dedicated to protecting online privacy and provide user control. It includes tools to help protect your privacy like Private Browsing, Guest Browsing, and Do Not Track options.
- Firefox is the first browser that provides add-ons and themes which makes the browser smoother and quicker with additional features.
- Every day across the Web unknowingly user interacts with any third party sites which can easily be exposed by light-beam add-ons.
- Firefox is also the first browser that brings Ad Blocker. It allows the user to prevent a web page form advertisements, annoying website notification, and pop-ups.
- Firefox first brings 3D in-browser on desktop and mobile by pioneering technologies like WebGL, now adopted by all major browsers. Mozilla shows that the web is a suitable platform for high-end game development.
- Firefox Developer Edition is the first browser designed specifically for developers. Developers have access to a set of useful tools they can use to ed
- Firefox Quantum launched in Nov 2017, which is 88% faster than ever. Startup times and page load times are now faster than any other browser. It is now a speedy browser and keeps getting faster.
- Firefox is not only a browser, but recently Firefox also launched the only truly open mobile operating system for smartphones. Firefox OS-based smartphones are now available in 24 countries across Asia, Europe, and Latin America. (Source: Geek Boots)
- 31 Unknown Bill Gates Facts To Know
- 60 Interesting SlideShare Facts For PPT Worker
- List Of 200+ Amazing Nasa Facts That You Must Read
- Top 30+ Amazing Flipkart Facts Must Know In 2020
- 50+ Whatsapp Facts Which is Unbelievable
- 30+ Surprising Wikipedia Facts That You Know
- 80 Surprising Facebook Facts Update In 2020
- 150+ Quality Instagram Facts That You Need To Know
- 55+ Amazing Twitter Facts in 2020 Click Here
- Don’t Miss To Read These 30+ Gmail Facts In 2020
Fun Facts Of Mozilla Firefox:
- Firefox is open source and is the only browser made by a not-for-profit, mission-driven organization.
- Firefox is available not only for Windows, Mac, and Linux-based desktops but on Android phones and tablets, too. In fact, Firefox for Android has been downloaded from the Google Play Store more than 80 million times.
- Firefox was the first browser to offer themes an add-on platform to add new features, functionality, or a customized look to your browser. Nearly 4 billion add-ons have been downloaded since we made add-ons available.
- A global community of volunteer contributors translates Firefox into nearly 90 languages for the 50% of non-English language version users. The Access Firefox team makes the latest version of Firefox accessible to users with visual and motor impairments.
- Firefox launched the only truly open mobile operating system for smartphones. Firefox OS-based smartphones are now available in 24 countries across Asia, Europe, and Latin America.
- Firefox Developer Edition is the first browser designed specifically for developers.
- Firefox was first to bring 3D in-browser gaming to life on desktop and mobile by pioneering technologies like WebGL, now adopted by all major browsers.
- More than 10,000 contributors expressed their support for our mission by paying for a full-page ad in The New York Times to celebrate the launch of Firefox 1.0 in 2004. (Source: Mozilla Firefox)
Few Interesting Mozilla Firefox Facts:
- The Mozilla Project traces its roots to Netscape where the open-source project was formed in February 1998
- The source code to Netscape Communicator was released on March 31, 1998.
- Mozilla Foundation was founded in July 2003 to guide and foster the various Mozilla projects
- Mozilla Corporation was formed in August 2005, as a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Mozilla Foundation to develop, market and distribute Mozilla products
- Number of contributors worldwide: More than 800 code contributors and thousands of testers, designers, writers, and more
- Number of languages currently supported: More than 35
- Number of Mozilla affiliates worldwide: 3; Mozilla Europe, Mozilla Japan, Mozilla China
Surprising Mozilla Firefox Facts:
- Mozilla Firefox’s private browsing feature protects the user’s browsing history from others.
- The Lightbeam add-on exposes the first and third party sites you interact with as you browse.
- Mozilla Firefox browser’s address bar, which has been named the ‘Awesome Bar’ has an advanced auto-complete feature that remembers the search history of the user and suggests the list of sites based on search history and highlights bookmarks to make the overall surfing experience easier.
- The Firefox browser has many easy-to-install add-ons, namely the Video Resume that automatically resumes YouTube videos from where the user played them last. Another notable add-on, the Clear Console that helps the user clear their browsing history, cache immediately. Besides the aforementioned ones, there are several other add-ons that guarantee a smoother web experience.
- Firefox provides an environment for web developers in which they can use built-in tools, such as the Error Console or the DOM Inspector, or extensions, such as Firebug.
- The Mozilla Firefox browser was initially released under the name Phoenix 0.1. Firefox was adopted rapidly, with 100 million downloads in its first year of availability. (Source: Mid-Day)
Unbelievable Mozilla Firefox Facts:
- How many people use Firefox? 250 million monthly users
- A number of times Firefox Focus for Android has been downloaded:
- Firefox’s share of the worldwide internet browser market: 11.7%
- Percentage of the Firefox code that is written by volunteers: approx 40%
- Number of languages Firefox is available in: 89 languages
- Percentage of Firefox users that use the non-English versions: more than 50%
- Number of Firefox employees: about 1,000 (Source: Expanded Ramblings)