35+ Awesome Snapchat Facts You Didn’t Know

Snapchat Facts

Here is the list of 7 Awesome Snapchat Facts You Didn’t Know:

Fun Facts Of Snapchat:

Related Post:

Few Super Fun Facts of Snapchat:

Few Shocking Snapchat Facts:

  • According to recent statistics, a staggering 93% of Snapchat users have sent a picture to somebody else of their drink! Over 60% sent pictures of people they don’t even know.
  • Snapchat has become so popular now that Facebook is the only rival that can beat it.
  • Snapchat users went slightly crazy in 2015 when the ‘best friends’ feature was taken away.
  • The founders, Evan Spiegel, Reggie Brown Poster, and Bobby Murphy, had tried 34 projects before coming up with the idea of Snapchat. Their idea was criticized, but it’s a good job they didn’t listen!
  • As of 2016, there are over 7 billion pictures and videos that are viewed every single day by Snapchat users. This amount increased from 2 billion in May 2015.
  • 70% of the people using Snapchat are female, leaving just 30% of the male population. As of 2014, over half of the users are between the ages of 13 and 17.
  • Between 2014 and 2015, co-founder Evan Spiegel and pop singer Taylor Swift reportedly had a romance. Has she written a song about him yet though?!
  • In 2015, Snapchat introduced a variety of filters that users could add to their pictures and videos. This is thought to have contributed to the increase in popularity for the app.
  • When it first started in 2011, it was named Picaboo, but in 2012, it was renamed to Snapchat.
  • Mark Zuckerberg first offered a billion dollars for Snapchat, but when he was declined, he came back with a $3 billion offer. Rejected once again, he returned the next day, promising a check for $4 billion. His offer wasn’t accepted. (Source: The Fact Site)

Snapchat Facts About The Financials:

Users Snapchat Facts:

General Snapchat Facts:

  • There Are Over 210 Million Active Snapchat Users
  • 63% of Snapchat Users Go on the App Every Day
  • Taco Bell Paid $75,000 for 24 Hours of the Taco Filter/Ad
  • 61% of Snapchat Users Are Female
  • Snapchat Pioneered Vertical Video Ads
  • 4 in 10 Snapchat Users Say They Discovered a New Brand Through Posts and Celebrity Endorsement
  • Snapchat Co-Created a Cool Geo-Filter with Netflix
  • You Can Follow Rock Star Business Experts on Snapchat
  • Snapchat’s Swipe-Up Rate is 5x Higher than Normal Social Media Click-Through Rates
  • Snapchat’s Swipe-Snapchat Is the King of Ephemeral Content Marketing
  • Video Ads on Snapchat Create Twice as Much Purchase Intent Than Other Ad Formats
  • 60% of Snap Ads Are Played with Audio (Compared to 15% for Facebook!)
  • Snapchat Users Spend an Average of 25-30 Minutes a Day on Snapchat
  • Snapchat’s Original Name Was Picaboo
  • Snapchat Was Created After 34 Failures
  • 73% of U.S. Snapchat Users Are 18-24 Years Old
  • Snapchat’s Creators Had a Major Falling-Out Before the App Was Released
  • Facebook & Instagram Borrowed Ephemeral Content from Snapchat
  • In the U.S., 90% of all 13-24-Year-Olds Use Snapchat (Source: Search Engine Journal)

Interesting Snapchat Facts:

Snapchat Facts About the Marketing:

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *